Early History of Slot Machines

Did you know that very first Slot Machine was based on Poker Games and payout was either a free beer or free cigar? :slot_machine:

Sittman and Pitt of Brooklyn, developed a gambling machine in 1891 that was a precursor to the modern slot machine. It contained five drums holding a total of 50 card faces and was based on poker. The machine proved extremely popular, and soon many bars in the city had one or more of them. Players would insert a nickel and pull a lever, which would spin the drums and the cards that they held, the player hoping for a good poker hand. There was no direct payout mechanism, so a pair of kings might get the player a free beer, whereas a royal flush could pay out cigars or drinks; the prizes were wholly dependent upon what the establishment would offer.

Shortly after that, a Slot Machine closest to the modern ones, named '‘Liberty Bell’ was developed with effective automatic payout mechanism. You can see how it looked on the picture below:

Currently we have over a hundreds different slot game variations here at Slots.lv! Tell us your favorite and don’t forget to check out some of our newest releases HERE.

8 Likes

this is my favorite slot of all time - dd 2000. ive considered buying one to have at home i love it so much. i go through phases for my favorite on slots, but keno will always be number one with everything else a distant second and third :grinning:

2 Likes

Double Diamond 2000 is classic for sure! And I’ve also considered having a slot machine at home lol, could be a very fun accessory during parties and for the general aesthetic! :smiley:

1 Like

that one is $1795 dollars and theyre in stock. i started on dd. im originally from a state that has legalized video lottery so theyre everywhere in little coffee houses. honestly its something i really look forward to doing whenever i go beck there. theres a little place as soon as you cross the border.

but yeah. 1795. i would have guessed closer to 5k. 1795 might be in my wheelhouse though. and youre right the game is super fun to play, but the aesthetic. nothing else close.

1 Like

$1.7 is not a bad deal! You think you might get it for Christmas? You definetly have to show us if you do! Haha

1 Like

you know what? i think i just might. itll be the one thing i spend soem of that cash on thats for me. ive always wanted that. and the simpsons arcade game too. i want the original though by konami. not the ones the sell in walmart. they also have a simpsons bowling game too thats really fun to play

2 Likes

I’m all down for spoiling ourselves a little whenever a little extra money comes up and we can afford it! :slight_smile: Simpsons arcade game, of course! It is super cool too, you’ve seen that on the market lately?

yeah theres a few. theyre all over 4k though for one in good working shape

theres bowling. its a little cheaper at 1395.

i dont even know what this is lololo. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Love the bowling one too, plus bowling was sort of homer’s passion! :smiley:

The good ole days double diamond was always a go to fav back in my earlier days nice choice

1 Like

Looks like you got the hook-up talk about a stroll down memory lane wow!!