This is ABSURD - missing free spins

i’m still missing my free spins The amount of time that I’ve been made to wait for this is just absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable.

Had to wait 24 hrs before I could even request someone to look into it…

I messaged the moderators and posted a post due to a lack of response from the moderators, waited another 5 hours before anyone even acknowledged me

I was told it was accurate that I was missing free spins and now the problem has been escalated

Now add another 18 hours from that response and still I have no response or spins added to my account.

This is insane and I am appalled at slots. LV. You should be ashamed of yourself. There is literally no consistency here, just a couple of days ago I see mods added missing free spins to peoples account after 24 hours have passed yet today for me it has to be escalated explain yourselves @moderators why
Is it that you are constantly Throwing out your rules and regulations when it benefits slots LV but when it’s time for you to abide by your own rules they suddenly don’t apply …

1 Like

When not provided these do generally need to be escalated to marketing to have them added. They do appear to have been added by the marketing team now. I am unsure as to how we as the moderator team didn’t abide by our own rules, as this is proper procedure.

We are of course sorry for any delays, but this would be a program team issue. We have forwarded feedback to them in terms of your issue.